- This event has passed.
Who’s Covering L.A.? Moderated by Warren Olney
Jan 11 @ 12:00 pm
Los Angeles, CA 90089 United States
It’s the entertainment capital, an international travel hub, and an American icon. But news coverage of Los Angeles is facing a crisis. The LAist, LA Weekly, Los Angeles magazine and the Los Angeles Times have either shut down or seen their ranks depleted. KCRW’s Warren Olney leads a panel discussion with L.A. media leaders to discuss why this is happening and what we can do about it.
- Warren Olney, Host, KCRW’s To the Point and Olney in L.A.
- Daniel Hernandez, Journalist and Editor, LA Taco
- Gabriel Kahn, Professor of Professional Practice of Journalism, USC Annenberg
- Julia Wick, Former Editor, LAist
- Erin Aubry Kaplan, Author and L.A. Times Op-Ed Contributor
Lunch will be provided.