- This event has passed.
West Adams DIA DE LOS MUERTOS Festival Block Party
Nov 4 • 12:00 pm PDT
KCRW IS PROUD TO PRESENT:
THE FIRST ANNUAL WEST ADAMS DIA DE LOS MUERTOS FESTIVAL BLOCK PARTY
On NOVEMBER 4TH, 2023 the block of West Adams block will be transformed into an avenue for live music performances, food trucks, art exhibitions, live mural painting, a ferris wheel, and a beautifully designed community altar, where all will be invited to add their photos for collective community healing and celebration.
This is an all-inclusive family-friendly event for all ages.
The Dia de los Muertos Festival Block Party will be held at the 5700 BLOCK through the 5500 BLOCK of WEST ADAMS in between THURMAN AVE to CARMONA AVE from 12 PM – 9 PM.
Admission is FREE, and all members of the community are invited to join in the festivities.
For more information and updates, please visit @midcitymercado on Instagram.
Attendees will be able to participate in all of the following activities:
– A fully immersive community altar presented by local artist El Creativo, Juan Renteria
– Live performances of Mariachi music, folk dances, and other traditional Mexican art forms
– Authentic Mexican cuisine and traditional food vendors
– Artisan craft vendors featuring unique Dia de los Muertos-inspired artwork and crafts
– Community workshops and educational activities to learn about the cultural significance of Dia de los Muertos
From the family that brought you MIDCITY MERCADO, PERSONA THE SHOP, and MARISCOS MARIA, JASMINE MALDONADO and THE MALDONADO FAMILY have proudly teamed up with CITY DISTRICT 10 to bring the official DIA DE LOS MUERTOS FESTIVAL BLOCK PARTY to the West Adams community.