- This event has passed.
The 4th Annual EASTSIDE FOOD FESTIVAL
October 22, 2017 • 4:00 pm(All times are in PDT)
EASTSIDE FOOD FESTIVAL is back again! Now in its fourth year, EastSide Food Festival is growing steadily and evolving into much more than your typical food event – it’s a place where the community comes together annually to celebrate a thriving culinary and cultural scene. With a focus on the evolving and diverse scenes of Los Angeles’ EastSide neighborhoods, the festival highlights all aspects of their communities and features food & drink tastings, cooking demonstrations, discussion panels, live music, and more.
This is not your ordinary food festival!
The EastSide Food Festival has announced the acclaimed chefs, restaurants, and culinary programming that will be a part of this year’s festivities, taking place at Silver Lake’s iconic Mack Sennett Studios on Sunday, October 22 from 4-7PM. Nearly one thousand Angelenos will come together to mix, mingle, and celebrate the vibrant dining culture of LA’s east side communities at the fourth annual food & wine festival, which will feature samples from popular vendors native to Silver Lake, Echo Park, Highland Park, and more; dynamic cooking demonstrations; and thought-provoking discussions. Programming will include:
- Unlimited tastings from over 35 vendors native to LA’s east side neighborhoods, including Cosa Buona, Kettle Black, Sweetfin Poke, and Go Get ‘Em Tiger as well as local brands Angel City Brewing Co, Our/Los Angeles Vodka, Ventura Spirits and more.
- An all new Cannabis Corner, featuring tastes of gourmet food and sweets from local chefs and makers with low dose cannabis infusions. [Note: the Cannabis Corner is a limited quantity add-on ticket that must be purchased in addition to the standard ticket; all guests must hold a valid California Medical Marijuana card to purchase.]
- James Beard Award winning food writer Bill Esparza, author of LA Mexicano will host a discussion panel with local Mexican chefs exploring the emerging regional trend of “Alta California” cuisine.
- Cannabis Cooking 101 with PRØHBTD featuring Chefs Brandin Lashea and Luke Reyes. The Cannabis Cooking 101 food demonstration will instruct the home cook how to make a simple cannabis infused meal using quality cannabis infused products. Chef Brandin Lashea is the host of “Pot Pie”, a popular original video series from PRØHBTD, the leader in Cannabis content. In this demonstration, Brandin and local Chef Luke Reyes will serve up quick and delicious dishes. Guests will learn techniques that entice the senses and indulge curiosities to elevate mind, body and soul. Limited tastes will be provided to guests after the demo.
- The Sweet Stop hosted by local dessert blogger & expert Nastassia Johnson (aka @LetMeEatCake) with tastings from a curated selection of the east side’s best sweets and treats, including Magpies Softserve and FrankieLucy Bakeshop.
With a focus on the evolving and diverse scenes of LA’s EastSide neighborhoods, the festival highlights all aspects of our communities. As in years past, this year’s event will include discussion panels and food demonstrations with appearances by musicians, artists, chefs, and more – all who share one universal thing – the love of food, and a passion for sharing it. EastSide Food Festival features unique events and experiences including a food themed Nail Art salon, lifestyle expert Q&As a Grilling demonstration stage with Big Green Egg®, photobooth, a raffle to benefit PATH organization, and more.