- This event has passed.
On Air LA Annex 2023
November 1, 2023 • 6:30 pm - November 4, 2023 PDT
On Air Fest –the preeminent event for audio storytelling– reveals details for On Air LA Annex 2023 November 1-4, the four day festival presenting live podcasts, unforgettable performances and installations from the preeminent artists and storytellers who are defining this moment.
On Air LA Annex will kick off with two enchanting evenings of cultural programming on November 1st and 2nd, including live tapings and performances at KCRW’s state of the art Annenberg Performance Studio. On Saturday November 4th, the festival continues with On Air Open House, a day of programming devoted to LA’s creator community hosted at dublab.
On Air LA Annex 2023 programming includes:
- On Air LA Annex evening programming opens up at KCRW’s state-of-the-art Annenberg Performance Studio in Santa Monica and features the highly anticipated return of ‘Lost Notes.’ This special session co-hosted by Novena Carmel (Morning Becomes Eclectic) and Michael Barnes unspools the real stories behind LA’s soul music scene.
- Listen in on a special audio showcase of the Audible Original Third Eye, with writer and creator Felicia Day.
- Part improv comedy, part horror film, all plot twist: in this interactive rendition of Let’s Make a Horror, comedians Paul F. Tompkins, Ryan Beil, Maddy Kelly, and Mark Chavez will spin a new spooky story just in time for halloween.
- Master storyteller Glynn Washington (Spooked, Snap Judgment) takes the stage with a true-life supernatural tale. If scary storytelling is your thing, join us for an original performance from the paranormal podcast ‘Spooked’
- Enter the deep, dark and deceptive world of ‘Underwater’ the new romantic thriller podcast from Warner Music’s Interval Presents, which stars the platinum-selling singer, songwriter and TikTok king Jason Derulo.
- A live taping from Talk Easy with Sam Fragoso with special guest Brit Marling
- Join us for On Air Open House at dublab an all-day immersive sound event Sat Nov 4. Wander through site-specific stories, podcast tapings and audio installations. The packed program includes live foley, demos from Dolby Atmos, sculptures you can hear, the history of spatial sound, conversations from the cutting edge of audio, performances and an open bar. RSVP here. Presented by Dolby Atmos, ESPN 30 for 30 Podcasts and Tenderfoot TV.
PRODUCED BY WORK X WORK
work x work is a full-service creative agency amplifying the world’s leading brands through storytelling, design, and experiences. Our innovative work has made us the go-to agency for organizations looking to participate in audio culture. In addition to design, strategy and events, we create multi-channel campaigns, original content and produce podcasting’s premier cultural event, On Air Fest.
HOSTED BY KCRW
KCRW is your always-on connection to music, news, culture, and each other — on the radio, online, and in-person. We belong to Los Angeles, connecting diverse perspectives and the sounds of Southern California with curious communities around the corner and around the world.
Thank you to our Sponsors: