On Air LA Annex 2023
November 1, 2023 • 6:30 pm - November 4, 2023 PDT
On Air Fest –the preeminent event for audio storytelling– reveals details for On Air LA Annex 2023 November 1-4, the four day festival presenting live podcasts, unforgettable performances and installations from the preeminent artists and storytellers who are defining this moment.
On Air LA Annex will kick off with two enchanting evenings of cultural programming on November 1st and 2nd, including live tapings and performances at KCRW’s state of the art Annenberg Performance Studio. On Saturday November 4th, the festival continues with On Air Open House, a day of programming devoted to LA’s creator community hosted at dublab.
On Air LA Annex 2023 programming includes:
- On Air LA Annex evening programming opens up at KCRW’s state-of-the-art Annenberg Performance Studio in Santa Monica and features the highly anticipated return of Lost Notes. This special session co-hosted by Novena Carmel (Morning Becomes Eclectic) and Michael Barnes unspools the real stories behind LA’s soul music scene.
- Part improv comedy, part horror film, all plot twist: in this interactive rendition of Let’s Make a Horror, the critically acclaimed show from CBC Podcasts and Kelly&Kelly takes the stage for a new spooky story just in time for halloween. Comedians Ryan Beil, Maddy Kelly, and Mark Chavez will be joined by a TBA guest on stage.
- A live taping from Talk Easy with Sam Fragoso with a guest to be announced.
- Listen in on a special audio showcase from Audible. In this exclusive session, Audible will dive into one of their highly anticipated Audible Originals.
- Imperfect Paradise, the award-winning LAist Studios show about the people and issues that define California as a flawed utopia, will take the stage for a behind-the-scenes look at the highly-anticipated return of the show with host Antonia Cereijido. LAist Studios’ own Brian De Los Santos, the host of How to LA, will also join to highlight stories for LA and by LA.
- Join us for On Air Open House at dublab! Free & open to everyone, this all-day celebration is for and by LA’s creative audio community. Walk through interactive storytelling booths, sit in on a radio live stream, and meet on-mic talent, podcasters and artists. Plus a happy hour presented by ESPN 30 for 30, live performances, DJ sets and more.
- On Air “Official Selects” is a celebration of creative short-form audio. Following an open call period, a cohort of podcast notables will select new audio works under 10 minutes long to be presented as listening experiences at On Air Open House.
- Live from Studio A all-day live stream from dublab’s own Studio A. Sit in on podcasts tapings as they happen and witness how live radio gets made.
- & more to be announced
PRODUCED BY WORK X WORK
work x work is a full-service creative agency amplifying the world’s leading brands through storytelling, design, and experiences. Our innovative work has made us the go-to agency for organizations looking to participate in audio culture. In addition to design, strategy and events, we create multi-channel campaigns, original content and produce podcasting’s premier cultural event, On Air Fest.
HOSTED BY KCRW
KCRW is your always-on connection to music, news, culture, and each other — on the radio, online, and in-person. We belong to Los Angeles, connecting diverse perspectives and the sounds of Southern California with curious communities around the corner and around the world.
Thank you to our Sponsors: