- This event has passed.
Netting Zero: Making 2021 the Year We Break Fossil Fuel Addiction
January 19, 2021 • 10:30 am PST
The Covid-19 crisis collapsed demand for energy, causing record drops in fossil fuel emissions in 2020. But as the world looks toward recovery, can this shock be seized to break the global addiction to fossil fuels, or will the “new normal” end up looking much like the old one?
The New York Times presents this virtual event to discuss our immediate global climate challenges.
- Moderator: Ivan Penn, Energy Correspondent, The New York Times
- Nigel Topping, UK High-Level Climate Action Champion for COP26
- Kingsmill Bond, Energy Strategist, Carbon Tracker
- Mary Anne Hitt, National Director of Campaigns, Sierra Club
- Salvatore Bernabei, C.E.O., Enel Green Power
- David Hardy, C.E.O. of Offshore North America, Orsted
- Jessica O. Matthews, Founder and C.E.O., Uncharted Power
- Meredith Adler, Executive Director, Student Energy
Photo by Damon Winter, courtesy of The New York Times.