- This event has passed.
Summer Nights’ Backyard Party at the new KCRW HQ – featuring The Midnight Hour
August 4, 2018 • 7:00 pm PDT
Summer Nights’ Backyard Party @ KCRW HQ
with The Midnight Hour (performing as an 18 piece band)
Featuring Ali Shaheed Muhammad (of A Tribe Called Quest) and composer Adrian Younge
KCRW DJs Garth Trinidad + Travis Holcombe
Saturday, August 4
7:00pm – 11:00pm
FREE. ALL AGES. OUTDOORS.
Come visit our NEW backyard! We’re throwing 3 Summer Nights parties
and we can’t wait to have you at the new KCRW HQ – located on Santa Monica College’s CMD Campus.
You won’t want to miss our opening night on August 4th when Ali Shaheed Muhammad (of A Tribe Called Quest) and composer Adrian Younge’s latest project The Midnight Hour performs as an 18-piece band.
When two of hip-hop’s most accomplished composers get together you know the results are going to be special. Make sure to listen to the duo’s long awaited album as The Midnight Hour – carefully constructed and masterful, it showcases their songwriting ability like never before.
KCRW HQ Fun
Need a break from all of your dancing? There is plenty of summer fun to be had at KCRW’s backyard party!
- Hungry? Evan Kleiman of KCRW’s Good Food has chosen her favorite food trucks to be on-hand.
- Thirsty? Our special summer cocktails will take care of that!
- And attention all vinyl lovers – Beats Swap Meet will join us with a hand-selected vinyl pop-up show – grab some of your favorite albums!
- Ride the Expo to Bergamot Station. It is three blocks away (a 5 minute walk).
- Breeze bike share hubs are at Stewart and Pennsylvania and 26th and Pennsylvania.
- We encourage rideshare and carpooling. Drop off / pickup at 1660 Stewart Street.
- Big Blue Bus Route 5 stops at Olympic & Stewart which is only a block away from the new campus.
- Street parking is available – please read all parking restriction signs carefully to avoid ticketing/towing.
Visit KCRW.com/summernights for info on other upcoming Summer Nights events!!!
Thanks to our sponsors!