- This event has passed.
INTERSECTION, A PLAYHOUSE DISTRICT FESTIVAL
August 26, 2017 • 4:00 pm PDT
The Playhouse District Association celebrates Pasadena
and the neighborhood we love with the first-ever INTERSECTION: A Playhouse District Festival
on Saturday, August 26, from 4 to 10 p.m.
INTERSECTION is a free, end-of-summer street party on Colorado Boulevard at El Molino
Avenue that brings together dynamic art and skilled artisans with good food and lively music in
the heart of the Playhouse District.
The inaugural event partners with local artists and arts organizations to facilitate and create
interactive and immersive arts experiences that encourage collaboration between artists and
– Explore the theme and methods pf Pasadena Museum of California Art’s new exhibits
Hollywood in Havana and LA Redux with two group mural projects.
– Contribute on-the-spot to a kinetic installation of ribbons by Side Street Project’s Steve
Campos and Betsy Medvedovsky.
– “Paint’ in virtual reality with Surrogate Galleries artist Brad Wallace while the audience
watches your creations come to life onscreen.
– Create a sculpture with Armory Center for the Arts or a chalk masterpiece with the
Light Bringer Project.
– Make your mark with a hand print mural for kids led by the Southern California
– Add words to a running story in the Vroman’s Bookstore courtyard.
– Join art workshops where you can build your own musical instrument, produce your own
zine design a wooden car, construct a collage, and more.
The eclectic main stage will inspire creativity with the sounds of orchestral influenced pop group
Kan Wakan, howling garage rock trio The Dead Ships, alternative bliss-rock four piece Givers
& Takers, emerging rhythmic and melodic artists Racquet, feel good indie-pop artist Susy Sun
Pasadena Walking Tours and Lyd & Mo Photography will host walking and photo tours of public
art installations in the Playhouse District, while giving you tips to master the perfect shot.
Visitors will also enjoy food from Playhouse District restaurants and local food truck favorites
and can shop for unique goods from local artisans.