- This event has passed.
Cry it Out
August 17, 2018 • 8:00 pm - August 19, 2018 PDT
West Coast premiere of Cry It Out — Cooped up on maternity leave and eager for conversation, Jessie invites the funny and forthright Lina for coffee in their neighboring backyards. They become fast friends, quickly bonding over their shared “new mom” experience—and arousing the interest of a wealthy neighbor hoping for a similar connection. This insightful comedy takes an honest look at the absurdities of new motherhood, the dilemma of returning to work versus staying at home, and how class impacts parenthood and friendship.
• Written by Molly Smith Metzler
• Directed by Lindsay Allbaugh
• Starring Jackie Chung, Brian Henderson, Megan Ketch, Emily Swallow
• Produced by Chris Fields and Rachael Zambias
• Presented by The Echo Theater Company, Chris Fields artistic director
Performances: July 14 – August 19
• Fridays at 8 p.m.: July 27; Aug. 3, 10. 17
• Saturdays at 8 p.m.: July , 28; Aug. 4, 11, 18
• Sundays at 4 p.m.: July , 29; Aug. 5, 12, 19
• Mondays at 8 p.m.: July 30; Aug. 6, 13
* The 4 p.m. performance on July 22 has been designated “Child Care Sunday”: Echo Theater Company will provide free child care for parents attending that performance.
Echo Theater Company
Atwater Village Theatre
3269 Casitas Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90039
Mondays and preview performances: Pay-What-You-Want
FREE in the Atwater Xing lot one block south of the theater