- This event has passed.
Children of the Stone and Dal’Ouna Ensemble
February 28, 2018 • 6:30 pm - March 11, 2018(All times are in PDT)
Children of the Stone is musical telling of the story of Ramzi Aburedwan’s life growing up in an occupied Palestinian refugee camp and his transformation from a stone-throwing youth of the first intifada, to a talented musician studying at the Edward Said Palestine National Academy of Music and a French Conservatory and his final return to Palestine to realize his life’s dream of founding a music school, Al-Kamandjati that has centers in Gaza, the West Bank and Lebanon. He views Al-Kamandjati and related projects with international musicians as a combination of safe haven, creative resistance, and trauma therapy for the least fortunate Palestinian children, many living in refugee camps.
Featured in concert will be the powerful music of Ramzi Aburedwan and his Arabic-French Dal’Ouna Ensemble: a dynamic fusion of Palestinian folk, classical, jazz and world music. Ensemble members include renowned composer, violist and buzouk player Ramzi Aburedwan and percussionist Tareq Rantisi from Palestine, oud player Ziad Ben Youssef from Tunisia, Edwin Buger from Yugoslavia on accordion, and special guest vocalist Lina Sleibi from Palestine, Sandy Tolan will do readings from his book, Children of the Stone: The Power of Music in a Hard Land.
You can check them out at the following live dates:
- 02/28/2018, New York, NY, Marymount Manhattan College,6:30PM
- 03/01/2018, Westminster, MD, Mc Daniel College, 7:00 PM
- 03/04/2018, Anaheim, CA, PYLUSD Performing Arts Center, 5:00 PM
- 03/07/2018, Lubbock, TX, International Cultural Center, Texas Tech University, 5:30 PM
- 03/08/2018, Dallas, TX, The Angelika Film Center by The Charles W. EisemannCenter ,7:30 PM
- 03/09/2018, Charlotte, NC, McKnight hall – Cone Center, 7:00 PM
- 03/10/2018, Dearborn, MI, Arab American National Museum-Annex, 6:00 PM
- 03/11/2018, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Coral Springs High School Auditorium, 6:00 PM