- This event has passed.
Arthur Miller’s ‘The Crucible’
September 29, 2018 • 8:00 pm - September 30, 2018(All times are in PDT)
The Crucible — Arthur Miller’s classic parable of mass hysteria that draws a chilling parallel between the Salem witch hunts of 1692 and McCarthyism, which gripped America in the 1950s, remains eerily timely in today’s climate of fake news. Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum, its own history firmly rooted in the McCarthy-era Hollywood blacklist — when actor Will Geer and his wife, Herta Ware, created the theater as a haven for blacklisted actors — opens a new production of Miller’s modern classic directed by Will’s daughter, Ellen Geer, and featuring family members Thad Geer, Willow Geer and Melora Marshall in the cast.
• Written by Arthur Miller
• Directed by Ellen Geer
• Starring Kate Adams, Gabbi Beauvais, Maya Brattkus, Thad Geer, Willow Geer, Cindy Guastaferro, Tim Halligan, Christopher W. Jones, Bethany Koulias, Mark Lewis, Melora Marshall, Franc Ross, Jacquelin Schofield, David Stifel, Frank Weidner, Laura Zenoni
• Also with Jessamyn Arnstein, Tavis L. Baker, Elizabeth George, Ethan Haslam, Holly Hawk, Caitlin Kilgore, Gabriel Anthony Palma, Brandi Lynn Reinhard, Lawrence Sonderling
• Presented by Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum
Performances: June 16–Sept. 30:
• Saturday, Sept. 29 at 8 p.m.
• Sunday, Sept. 30 at 8 p.m.
*Prologue (pre-show discussion):Sunday, Aug. 19 from 3 p.m.–3:30 p.m. (included in ticket price)
Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum
1419 N. Topanga Canyon Blvd.
Topanga CA 90290
(midway between Pacific Coast Highway and the Ventura Freeway)
• Adults: $38.50 (lower tier); $25 (upper tier)
• Seniors (65+), Students, Military Veterans, Teachers, AEA Members: $25/$15
• Children (5-15): $10
• Children 4 and under: Free
The outdoor amphitheaters at Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum are terraced into the hillside of the rustic canyon. Audience members are advised to dress casually (warmly for evenings) and bring cushions for bench seating. Patrons are welcome to arrive early and picnic before a performance.