- This event has passed.
AMP Music Summit – Summer 2020
July 29, 2020 • 9:00 am PDT
The AMP Music Summit Summer session will feature music industry professionals sharing stories about the culture-shifting changes inspired by COVID and the powerful movement towards racial justice, diversity and inclusion. These important conversations aim to capture the state of the industry and life in general as it stands today.
Some highlighted conversations to look forward to include:
- Music can also be a force for creative and economic change. It might just be time to move to Huntsville. Billboard Dance Director Katie Bain will talk with Huntsville, Alabama Mayor Tommy Battle, Sound Diplomacy’s Founder & CEO Shain Shapiro, PhD., and a member of Huntsville’s Music Board about why Huntsville has decided to pursue growing its music economy and community and how they are going about the process.
- As major cities become COVID Restricted Zones, smaller cities offer new possibilities and cheaper start-up costs for creative endeavors. AMP co-founder Simon Rust Lamb will host a conversation with creative bad-ass and lawyer Tobi Parks and the visionary Dr. Lester Shaw.
- Comic book writers Chuck Brown, David Walker, and Sanford Greene, co-creators of the Eisner Award-nominated comic series “Bitter Root”, discussing the importance of using fiction and stories to both popularize unpleasant truths.
- Amy Malin (founder of creative agency Trueheart), Ryan Devlin (founder of This Saves Lives), Anthony Crouts (Tencent Games Sr. Director of Marketing), and Ashley Iaconetti- Haibon & Jared Haibon (“Bachelorette” and “Bachelor in Paradise”) on collaborations between brands, celebrities, and nonprofits to amplify messages and missions.
- The calculus of re-opening with labor law expert An Ruda in conversation with leading Miami entertainment lawyer Leslie Zigel and John Santoro, owner and operator of Tampa’s Ritz Ybor nightclub, Sunset Events and Sunset Music Festival
Plus many more from this list of confirmed speakers:
- Matt Adell, CEO, Co-Founder, OnNow.TV
- Jai Al-Attas, Co-founder, Creative Futures
- Katie Bain, Director, Billboard Dance
- Tommy Battle, Mayor, Huntsville, Alabama
- Yahniie Bridges, Co-founder, Creative Futures
- Dave Brooks, Billboard’s Senior Correspondent Live + Touring
- Chuck Brown, Co-creator Bitter Root
- Anthony Crouts, Tencent Games Sr. Director of Marketing
- Ryan Devlin, founder of This Saves Lives
- Sanford Greene, Co-creator Bitter Root
- Joe Hadley, Agent, CAA
- Ashley Iaconetti Haibon & Jared Haibon, Bachelorette and Bachelor in Paradise
- Prescott McCarthy, artist
- Tobi Parks, Founder Station 1 Records + xBk
- Laura Cathcart Robbins, Journalist & Host, “The Only One in the Room” podcast
- Amy Malin, Founder, Trueheart
- An Ruda, Partner, Bartko, Zankel, Bunzel & Miller
- John Santoro, Owner/Operator, Ritz Ybor, Sunset Music Festival, Sunset Events
- Shain Shapiro, PhD, Founder & CEO, Sound Diplomacy
- Dr. Lester Shaw, Founder & Executive Director, A Pocketful of Hope
- David Walker, Co-creator Bitter Root
- Leslie Zigel, Partner, Chair of Entertainment, Media & Technology Group, Greenspoon Marder
** Additional information, registration & updates available at www.AMPmusicsummit.com**