- This event has passed.
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
September 3, 2018 • 6:00 pm PDT
A Midsummer Night’s Dream – Theatricum brings back its signature production, an audience favorite with a set design unrivaled by any other theater – because it’s the real thing. The most magical outdoor setting in Los Angeles is once again transformed into an enchanted forest inhabited by lovers both fairy and human. Shakespeare conjures a world of wonder, magic and romance where comical misunderstandings and the pain of unrequited love are resolved, and all is reconciled through midsummer night revelries and the enduring power of nature. Buffet dinners with a costumed cast of fairies in attendance take place in the theater’s adjacent gardens prior to Thursday evening performances on Aug. 2; Aug. 9; Aug. 16; and Aug. 23. (Separate admission, or combo packages available.)
• Written by William Shakespeare
• Directed by Willow Geer
• Presented by Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum
Performances: June 3–Sept. 3:
• Monday, Sept. 3 (Labor Day) at 6 p.m.
*Prologue (pre-show discussion):Sunday, June 24 from 3 p.m.–3:30 p.m. (included in ticket price)
**Pre-performance buffet dinners, served in the Thearicum gardens and attended by costumed fairies, will be available for purchase by ticketholders prior to three Thursday evening on Aug. 2; Aug. 9; Aug. 16 and Aug. 23 at 6:30 p.m.Advance reservations required.
Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum
1419 N. Topanga Canyon Blvd.
Topanga CA 90290
(midway between Pacific Coast Highway and the Ventura Freeway)
• (310) 455-3723 or www.theatricum.com
• Visit us on facebook: www.facebook.com/theatricum
• Follow us on twitter: @theatricum and instagram: @theatricum_botanicum
• Adults: $38.50 (lower tier); $25 (upper tier)
• Seniors (65+), Students, Military Veterans, Teachers, AEA Members: $25/$15
• Children (5-15): $10
• Children 4 and under: free
• Mediterranean buffet dinner/play combo: call theater for pricing, advance purchase required
The outdoor amphitheaters at Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum are terraced into the hillside of the rustic canyon. Audience members are advised to dress casually (warmly for evenings) and bring cushions for bench seating. Patrons are welcome to arrive early and picnic before a performance.