- This event has passed.
United Way Homewalk 2019
May 18 @ 6:30 am
Los Angeles, CA 90012
UNITED WAY OF GREATER LOS ANGELES AND THE LOS ANGELES RAMS HOST 12TH ANNUAL HOMEWALK 5K RUN/WALK: BRINGING EVERYONE IN TO END HOMELESSNESS IN L.A. COUNTY
15,000 Projected to Join in Nation’s Largest Event to End Homelessness at Grand Park, Downtown Los Angeles,
on Saturday, May 18
WHAT: As part of United Way’s EVERYONE IN Campaign and the organization’s dedication to housing solutions for more than a decade, the non-profit will host its 12th annual HomeWalk, a 5K family run/walk to raise public awareness and funds to end homelessness. Past HomeWalk participants have totaled 100,000 and have raised $8.6 million. Over the past 11 years, United Way’s housing initiatives have transformed 45,000 lives with the stability of a home. This year, United Way has teamed up with the L.A. Rams to focus on our homelessness crisis and to help raise $1.5 million to house our most vulnerable neighbors. Thanks to the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, every $5,000 raised by a person or team will be matched.
WHY/STATS: More than 53,000 of our L.A. County neighbors are experiencing homelessness.
WHO: L.A. County residents are running and walking to help their neighbors, including the following:
- Individuals with lived experiences of homelessness
- Elise Buik, President and CEO of United Way of Greater Los Angeles
- Sean McVay, Head Coach, Los Angeles Rams
- Rams HomeWalk Team Captains:
- Aaron Donald (#99), Defensive Tackle, 2017 and 2018 NFL Defensive Player of the Year and five-time Pro-Bowler;
- Andrew Whitworth (#77), Offensive Tackle, four-time Pro-Bowler and 2018 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award nominee;
- Johnny Hekker (#6), Punter, four-time Pro-Bowler
- A. Rams Cheerleaders and Mascot Rampage
- A. County Superintendent Mark Ridley-Thomas and numerous local officials
- Actor Jon Huertas of NBC’s This is Us and Cameron Boyce, Disney Channel and film star
- Peter Laugharn, president and CEO of Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
WHEN: Saturday, May 18, 2019 *Registration is $25 for walkers and runners. Registrants 18 and younger are free.
- 6:30 a.m. Registration Opens
- 8 a.m. Opening Ceremony
- 8:45/9 a.m. Run Begins / Walk Begins
- 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Fun Activities For The Whole Family
WHERE: Grand Park: 200 N. Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Interviews with individuals who had lived experience of homelessness
- Opening remarks and ceremonies featuring Elise Buik, Coach Sean McVay, Superintendent Mark Ridley-Thomas, Peter Laugharn, Rams Cheerleaders and Rampage
- Interviews with celebrities including Jon Huertas and Cameron Boyce
- Thousands of event-goers racing through the start/finish line, drummers, deejays and entertainers
- Post-event fun for the whole family such as live music, free activities, interactive elements, food trucks, the Anheuser-Busch Beer Garden, and the Rams Kid Zone
CONTACT: For interviews prior to May 18, contact Melissa Gersh, email@example.com or 213-808-6479.
Public Service Announcements may be viewed here and are available upon request.