August 25, 2018 @ 4:00 pm - October 6, 2018
Topanga, CA 90290 United States
Coriolanus — An allegory for today’s tumultuous times, Shakespeare’s searing tragedy is a cautionary tale of political manipulation and revenge. Rome, a city where the one-percenters rule, is led by a populist general who has nothing but contempt for the common people and is unable to reconcile his disdain for the citizens with his love of country.
• Written by William Shakespeare
• Directed by Ellen Geer and Melora Marshall
• Starring David DeSantos (Latino Theater Company production of The Sweetheart Deal; Cloud 9 at Antaeus; Macbeth at A Noise Within) in the title role
• Featuring Theatricum company members Alan Blumenfeld, Ellen Geer, Tim Halligan, Max Lawrence, Melora Marshall, Dane Oliver, Franc Ross, Andy Stokan, Christine Wallinger, Michelle Wicklas
• Presented by Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum
Performances: June 2–Sept. 23:
• Saturday, Aug. 25 at 4 p.m.
• Saturday, Sept. 1 at 4 p.m.
• Sunday, Sept. 9 at 8 p.m.
• Saturday, Sept. 15 at 8 p.m.
• Sunday, Sept. 23 at 4 p.m.
*Prologue (pre-show discussion):Sunday, July 29 from 3 p.m.–3:30 p.m. (included in ticket price)
Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum
1419 N. Topanga Canyon Blvd.
Topanga CA 90290
(midway between Pacific Coast Highway and the Ventura Freeway)
• Adults: $38.50 (lower tier); $25 (upper tier)
• Seniors (65+), Students, Military Veterans, Teachers, AEA Members: $25/$15
• Children (5-15): $10
• Children 4 and under: Free
The outdoor amphitheaters at Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum are terraced into the hillside of the rustic canyon. Audience members are advised to dress casually (warmly for evenings) and bring cushions for bench seating. Patrons are welcome to arrive early and picnic before a performance.