Summer Nights’ Backyard Party at the new KCRW HQ – featuring The Midnight Hour
Aug 4 @ 7:00 pm
Santa Monica, CA 90404 United States
Summer Nights’ Backyard Party @ KCRW HQ
Featuring The Midnight Hour (performing as an 18 piece band)
Featuring Ali Shaheed Muhammad (of A Tribe Called Quest) and composer Adrian Younge
KCRW DJs Garth Trinidad + Travis Holcombe
Saturday, August 4
7:00pm – 11:00pm
This brand-new, three-concert series is free, all-ages, and outdoors, and takes place in the backyard of KCRW’s new home at Santa Monica College’s CMD Campus
When two of hip-hop’s most accomplished composers get together you know the results are going to be special. They began their work together in 2013. Their partnership was cemented on the score work for Marvel’s Luke Cage. Make sure to listen to the duo’s long awaited album as The Midnight Hour – carefully constructed and masterful, it showcases their songwriting ability like never before.
KCRW HQ Fun
Need a break from all of your dancing? There is plenty of summer fun to be had at KCRW’s backyard party!
- Hungry? Good Food’s Evan Kleinman has chosen her favorite food trucks to be on-hand.
- Thirsty? Our special summer cocktails will take care of that!
- And attention all vinyl lovers – Beats Swap Meet will join us with a hand-selected vinyl pop-up show – grab some of your favorite albums!
- Ride the Expo to Bergamot Station. It is three blocks away (a 5 minute walk).
- Breeze bike share hubs are at Stewart and Pennsylvania and 26th and Pennsylvania.
- We encourage rideshare and carpooling. Drop off / pickup at 1660 Stewart Street.
- Big Blue Bus Route 5 stops at Olympic & Stewart which is only a block away from the new campus.
- Street parking is available – please read all parking restriction signs carefully to avoid ticketing/towing.
Thanks to our sponsors!